Saturday 2 April 2011

April 2011 - Module 5

Dear Sian,

You may remember, at the Summer School (it was so long ago I've almost forgotten myself) when I showed you these, you said I should add lots of extra lines of stitching, and somehow indicate the 'drag' lines of the rubbing, so I hope these are now better.

 Module Five - Chapter 6


rubbing


original embroidery

new sample

rubbing


original embroidery


new sample


rubbing

original embroidery



new sample

Module Five - Chapter 12




This was the textured piece from which I am going to make my resolved sample.




I have only done half of this, because I wanted to know if I am on the right track before I finish it.  I have put little decorated 'suffolk puffs' (I'm not sure if that is what they are really called) under the see-through material and embroidered round them in fly stitch ro represent the string parts, which I thought looked circular, and enclosed beads and sequins under the fabric and embroidered french knots and other similar type stitches on  top to represent the beady part.  If this is OK I will continue and finish it off.  I have put some raised chain band round the edge (only a little bit done) to make a frame. I would be very grateful for your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment